*Q&A applies mainly to individuals who reside in the US & can obtain a US Passport
- Where do I apply for a new passport, renew, report lost/ stolen passport:
- How do I know which form I need to fill out?
- What do I need to submit with my application? 2 passport sized photos, and your old passport if you are renewing.
- How much does it cost to renew your passport?
Passport book: $110
Passport card: $30
Passport book & card: $140
* If you are applying for a passport for the first time it will cost an additional $35 for an Execution Fee.
- What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
The most important difference between U.S. passport books and passport cards is that passport cards are not valid for international air travel; they’re only acceptable for land and sea border crossings between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- Where can I apply for a passport? Online, Post Office, Government Office, Library.
- Can I just walk into my post office to make an appointment?
No, you must make an appointment directly on USPS.com
- What forms of payment is accepted? Money order, personal checks and cash (at some locations), credit cards at U.S. postal facilities and some other locations (surcharges may apply for credit card transactions). *verify acceptable payment methods with the facility ahead of time.
- How long is the processing time?
|Routine||18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 5 to 6 weeks mailing)|
|Expedited||12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 5 to 6 weeks mailing)|
|Expedited at Agency||Must have international travel within 72 hours (3 business days)|
- Should I avoid traveling to certain destinations because of covid-19?
The CDC does a good job updating their travel advisory list and what is required for specific destinations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
- What is recommended for international travel during covid for fully vaccinated travelers and unvaccinated travelers?
- Do I need any vaccines for international travel? Yes, some countries will require you to have certain vaccines before entering the country, or for safety measures to protect you from preventable diseases. Visit the site to see what you need for your next trip https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list
- Are travel vaccines free? Some vaccines may be covered by your insurance. Other vaccines you will be required to pay out of pocket (costs can vary).
- What is required for international travel? A passport must be valid at least 6months before expiration to travel, proof of vaccination (will vary by country), at least 2 fully blank pages in your passport book, a visa (will vary by country).
- Where can I find travel health notices? At the CDC site and it an be searched by country name or disease https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
- How can I reduce my wait time at the airport?
TSA pre check.
- What is TSA pre check?
TSA PreCheck is an expedited security screening program connecting travelers departing from the United States with smarter security and a better air travel experience. Passengers can apply for the TSA PreCheck® Application Program to determine if they are low-risk and eligible to receive expedited screening.
- How can I get access TSA pre check? And what is the cost?
You must make an appoint and do an in person interview, and pay a one time cost of $85 which will cover you for 5 years.
- What is Global entry?
Global Entry provides expedited U.S. customs screening for international air travelers when entering the United States.
*Global Entry members also receive TSA PreCheck® benefits as part of their membership.
- How do I get access to Global Entry?
You must pay a one time fee of $100 and do an in-person interview.
- Where do I apply For TSA PreCheck and/or Global Entry?
- Where can I find the best travel deals? You can find the best travel flight deals HERE